Skip to main content
Juvenile Crimes

What do I do if my child was arrested and the police want to talk to them?

By April 20, 2020No Comments

Watching your child navigate the justice system is a difficult thing to watch. And it can be even more difficult to know the best advice to give them or how to help them. That’s why our team at Frye Law Group always recommends that you get your child an attorney.

Why is an attorney necessary?

There are many ways in which hiring an attorney can help your child through the legal process. 

  • Parents sometimes unwittingly waive their child’s rights to certain things that could be helpful to their child or accidentally get them in more trouble. Attorneys are there to provide guidance and ensure that your child’s rights are protected at all times.
  • Even though your child is a minor, there are many instances where children are charged with very serious crimes with very serious consequences. It’s important to have someone on their side fighting for justice.
  • Additionally, any conviction will go on your child’s permanent record. But hiring a criminal defense attorney will ensure you have someone there protecting that permanent record every step of the way.

Should I allow my child to speak to the police if they haven’t been arrested?

The short answer is no.

If a law enforcement official calls to talk to your child or asks you to bring your child in, you need to call a lawyer first. 

Don’t agree to any meetings. If your child has been arrested, it’s really important that they have a lawyer.

When is the best time to hire an attorney?

Because law enforcement may try to talk to your child even before they make an arrest, it’s important to consult with an attorney so that their rights can be protected from the get-go.

And, of course, if your child does get arrested, you should hire an experienced attorney, if you haven’t already.

AWESOME in every way!!! My teenager got in some serious trouble and Frye Law Group was so supportive, on top of things, exceptional with communication and dedicated to helping resolve our predicament. We have only great things to say about how our case was handled.

Chris Seidel

Contact Frye Law Group today to help with your child’s case

At Frye Law Group, we take every case seriously. That’s why we will do our best to provide relentless and aggressive defense for your child. Contact us today to get started on taking your child’s future back.

Hi there, have a question?

Text us here.


From I-75: Exit at the Highway 120 (South Marietta Parkway) (Exit #263) and follow the signs to KSU Marietta Campus.

You will be headed west and cross over Cobb Parkway (US 41).

Continue until you get to the intersection with Atlanta Street.

At the traffic light turn right onto Atlanta St. (going north).

Atlanta Street will take you straight to the Marietta Square.

Prior to entering the Square, you will see Anderson Street a block before the Square.

Turn Right onto Anderson Street. The Lawyer’s Building will be on your right.

Skip to content